Powered by Blogger.

Q&A Post!



Hi everyone! As you can see by the title, this is my first Q&A post! I thought it would be a good idea for you all to get to know me a little bit as a lot of the time I can't really show you who I am as a person in some of my posts.
I asked on Twitter for you guys to send in some questions using #askgiventheworld - so if you did send in a question then thank you VERY much, I appreciate it.

1. 5 things that make you happy?

Concerts, being around friends and family, spreading positivity, making others happy and dogs!

2. Why did you start a blog?

I love writing, and I thought 'Okay, three things that I love to do - write, help others and raise awareness on important issues. So how can I combine all 3?' And I guess writing a blog was the answer. Here, I have the freedom to write whatever is on my mind. I can connect with everyone and hopefully help as many people as I can in some way or another. Raising awareness for Mental Health is something I am passionate about so starting a blog where I can do exactly that was, in my opinion, a great idea.

3. What is a song that has been inspirational to you and why?

I have quite a few, actually. Music is a huge part of my life and has helped me through a lot. But if I were to choose just one song, it would be Skyscraper by Demi Lovato. She is such a huge inspiration for me. I've supported her since the very beginning, she has helped me through more than I can explain, and this song is huge for me. It's inspired me a lot and reminds me that whatever happens, whatever I go through or face, nothing can tear me down, I can't be defeated and that I can keep going :)

4. What music do you listen to while writing?

I have a playlist on Spotify that I listen to while writing! If you'd like to see what I listen to then click here. But to be more specific, I aim to listen to music that evokes all kinds of emotions depending on what sort of thing I am writing. Artists such as Halsey, Demi Lovato, One Direction, The Fray, Sleeping At Last, M83, Queen, The Beatles, Genghar, 5SOS, TØP and Oh Wonder are great to listen to. (Honestly, there's so much more but I don't want to end up with a huge list!) If you would like me to write up another blog post on music for writing then comment and let me know!

5. What's your biggest goal in life and why?

This is a good yet difficult question... I have so many goals, some of which are centered around a career but others are to do with my perspective and outlook on life. But I think that to be fully happy with myself and everything around me, comfortable in my own skin and to overcome my past and things I've had to face is something that I would like to acheive, because it's all very well wanting to be successful in a chosen career and so on, but to me, happiness is one of the most important things.

6. What was your favourite song when you were a child?

I love this question, it got me thinking about all the music I used to listen to and I even ended up listening to a lot of old music which felt so nostalgic. But I think my favourite songs (I say 'songs' because I simply can't choose just one!) would be 'Man! I feel like a woman' by Shania Twain,  'We Will Rock You' by Queen, 'Rich Girl' by Gwen Stefani, 'One Love' by Blue and basically ANY song by Westlife! However, I listened to a lot of different music as my dad and uncle listened to a lot of bands, and my step-mother at the time listened to a lot of Pop or boybands so I had different musical influences growing up.

7. The flash, X-Men or Harry Potter?

I almost screamed when I read this question! How can you make anyone choose?! But, but, but, Harry Potter ALL THE WAY!!

8. Do you love Teen Wolf?/ What series do you watch?

YES! Oh God, please don't get me started on how much I love Teen Wolf because I will end up writing an essay. I also LOVE Criminal Minds, From Dusk Till Dawn, Empire, The Walking Dead, Life Unexpected, Z Nation, Sons of Anarchy, The Mentalist, Stalker, AHS, Fortitude, Revolution (Even though it was cancelled :( ), NCIS, CSI, Political Animals, Prison Break. I honestly think I could go on forever so I'm going to leave it at that.

8. Favourite hobbies?

Drawing, running, writing, boxing, watching movies and series (this counts because it just...does) and eating ice cream.

9. Who do you aspire to be like?

I'm not sure... I guess, I just want to be the best, and most real, version of myself that I can possibly be. I don't think there is someone that I aspire to be, if that makes sense. Just myself..
Confident, happy and strong.

10. Who is your role model?

I have a few role models. One of them being my dad as he has always been the one person I have looked up to in every way. He's one of the bravest, kindest and most loving person I know and has always strived to be the best person he can possibly be, treating everyone around him with the utmost love and kindness and has always protected my sister and I, which is something I appreciate and am grateful for. Also (please don't judge me on this, I do have my reasons for these) Demi Lovato, Louis Tomlinson and Sylvester Stallone are also my role models. All for completely different reasons which I will probably explain in another blog post.

11. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?

This is such a hard question because there are so many places I would love to live. Either Greece, Italy, or New York. All entirely different places but I've always thought about how incredible it would be to live in any one of these.

12. What would you say is the most heartfelt song One Direction have ever produced/written?

Either Right Now, Something Great, Strong, or 18. These songs are so beautiful and are some of my absolute favourites.

13. Which place inspires you to write the most?

It depends, to be honest, on what I'm writing. There is this one place in particular though which I go to and stop at every time I go for a run or walk as it is right by the sea and has the most incredible view. It calms and relaxes me as it is so quiet and it's a place where I'm able to think really clearly. I think this place is the one that really helps me when it comes to writing positive thoughts/posts and a novel that I've recently started working on. A lot of the time I actually write while I'm in the car or on a train as I always have my notebook and phone with me and sometimes the busyness around me and different or familiar sceneries inspire me.

14. The first 5 facts you can think of about yourself?

- I'm Vegetarian
- I'm 17
- I like dark colours
- I can be too honest about things
- I love Harry Potter, Marvel, Alice in Wonderland, Lion King, Cinderella (basically all disney movies), Grease and the Rocky movies a little too much.


There we have it! I answered as many as I could, but I'll probably do another post like this as it was so fun to do!

Thank you once again to everyone who sent in a question and thank you for reading.



- T .x

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top