Powered by Blogger.

SOUNDS GOOD FEELS GOOD // 5SOS - Favourite Lyrics and Review

Sounds Good Feels Good album cover

It's been a while since I did an album review and I was honestly planning on doing this post and my Twenty One Pilots review in January but unfortunately I completely forgot! So, let's avoid the fact that this

Without further ado, here are my favourite lyrics from some of the songs from 5SOS' Sounds Good Feels Good and a short overall review.

Note: I know have missed some songs out, that was purposely done.


She's Kinda Hot

"When you've got bigger plans that no one else understands, you've got a shot though"
"They say we're losers and we're alright with that, we are the leaders of the not coming back"
"We are the kings and the queens of the new broken scene"


Permanent Vacation

"I can't sleep cause my mind keeps racing, my chest hurts 'cause my heart keeps breaking"
"destination, permanent vacation"
"and they can't make me a believer"
"we're the voice of the new generation"


Jet Black Heart

"Everybody's got their demons, even wide awake or dreaming"
"See a war I wanna fight it"
"Every fire I've ignited, faded to grey"
"I've got a jet black heart, and there's a hurricane underneath it"
"I write with a poison pen"
"the blood in my veins, is made up of mistakes, let's forget who we are"
"and dive into the dark, as we burst into colours, returning to life"


Catch Fire

"This is not who I'm supposed to be"
"now i'm lost in this burning sea of your sorry eyes"
"All my life, I've been waiting for moments to come"
"I will fight to fix up and get things right"
"I can't change the world, but maybe I'll change your mind"
"I'm a broken stereo, out of time"
"So how does it feel? alone, is it so surreal?"
"Cause the ghost of survivor's guilt can be so unkind"


Safety Pin

"Runaways, we're the long lost children, running to the edge of the world"
"we'll safety pin, the pieces of our broken hearts back together"
"raise ourselves to the middle finger, cause they all think we're twisted"
"no more waiting, we can save us from falling"


Waste the Night

"I don't wanna let it burn in the city lights"
"I won't give up, and I can't give up"


Vapor

"You're the thing that I can't quit"
"I want to print our hands in the pavement"
"make you sound so sweet, when you lie to me"


Castaway

"Young love, close the chapter, there's no ever after"
"Now my heart is in my hands"
"Nothing left but picture frames"
"I'm lonely like a castaway"
"Heartbreak that I can't escape, a sinking ship I'll never save"


The Girl Who Cried Wolf

"The girl who cries wolf everyday, ignored by gravity, but in the end, don't ask why"
"but do you wanna run away?"
"Is anyone there at all"
"does it have to be this tragedy?"
"this endless lost parade of castle, other side of make believe, the truth is spelled out in your eyes"


Broken Home

"She would hope, she would pray, she was waiting it out"
"Holding onto a dream, while she watched these walls fall down"
"Sharp words like knives, they were cutting her down, shattered glass like the past, it's a memory now"
"I'm here alone inside of this broken home"
"The fault, the blame, the pain's still there"
"Wrote it down on the walls, she was screaming it out, made it clear she's still here, are you listening now?"
"Just a ghost in the halls, feeling empty they're vacant now"
"All the battles, all the wars, all the times that you've fought"
"She's the scar, she's the bruising, she's the pain that you brought"
"Like a light and it's fading out"
"You've gotta let it go, you're losing all your hope"
"Your painted memories that washed out all the seas. I'm stuck in between a nightmare and lost dreams"


Fly Away

"Find another place to start again"
"I won't waste another day, wishing this would fade away, running we're not looking back"
"I want a little bit of California, with a little bit of London sky"
"I want to take my heart to the end of the world"
"A New York state of mind"
"Now I'm off to paradise, to a war I'll never fight"
"Now say goodbye to pain and misery"
"I'm dreaming of a place to start again"


Invisible

"Another day of painted walls and football on the TV, no one sees me"
"I fade away, lost inside a memory of someone's life, it wasn't mine"
"Just me and my shadow, and all of my regrets"
"Wasted days, dreaming of the times I know I can't get back"
"Looking on as all of life's colours seem to fade to grey"
"I was already missing before the night I left"


Airplanes

"I made all my plans, lost, never found"
"Your eyes, your smile can light up the night"
"neon signs paint up our sky"
"Airplanes, cut through the clouds, like angels can fly, we'll never die"
"Sirens cut through the night like screams that are fire, rising up high"
"Like I've something to prove, nothing to lose, in this city"
"Looking for signs, not asking for help, I know it's too late"
"A love lost and buried here, it comes to life"
"Make believe worlds make us all feel alive"
"I'm not gonna say I'm sorry, gonna see the end of this sorry, I won't fade into darkness"


San Francisco

"Making plans to rule the world, you were more than I deserve"
"Even mountains crumble into the sea"
"Drove into infinity, held you 'til you fell asleep"


Outer Space/ Carry On

"I can still taste the ocean like it was today"
"Lost here in London with nothing, I'm still running back to you"
"If I was an island in search of castaways"
"The darkest night never felt so bright with you by my side"
"Nothing like the rain, when you're in outer space"

"You know it's gonna get better"
"Say a prayer for the broken bones"
"I got one foot in the golden life, one foot in the gutter"
"Carry on, outlast the ignorance"



Overall Review

There's no doubt about it that Sounds Good Feels Good tops 5SOS' first album. This album is more mature, deep and relatable. I can tell they put a lot into this album, the lyrics, instrumentals and so on are incredible. I will admit, though, I really don't like Money and Hey Everybody (that's why I did not include them in this post, sorry!) but despite those songs, my favourites are most definitely Catch Fire, Waste the Night, Castaway, The Girl Who Cried Wolf, Broken Home, Invisible, Airplanes and Outer Space/ Carry On. To be honest, I love the rest of the songs, too, but these stand out for me a lot more. Especially, Broken Home and Invisible, I think because those songs are so personal to the guys and to me, relatable, I connect with them a lot more. Also, Outer Space/Carry On is the perfect way to end the album! I'm so excited to hear some of these songs live next month on the SLFL Tour!


To purchase/stream Sounds Good Feels Good if you haven't already - iTunes (US) , iTunes (UK), Spotify, Amazon


Thanks for reading! What's your favourite song from this album? Leave a comment below :)

Upcoming album reviews:


  • Simple Plan - Taking One for the Team
  • Panic! at the Disco - Death of a Bachelor
  • Tonight Alive - Limitless
  • The 1975 - I like It When You Sleep for...
  • Alessia Cara - Know It All


Until next time, be you and keep smiling.




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top