Powered by Blogger.

A Life and Blog Update


It occurred to me recently that I have never just sat down and spoken to you guys about what's been happening in my life recently. So seeing as I have a day off work today I thought I would do just that. As I write this I'm thinking 'okay, but will anyone even be interested in reading about my life recently?' but then I figured that sometimes it's nice to know a bit more about the person behind the blog, you know?

Blogging

First of all I really want to apologise for the lack of posts lately, I'm working so much now that I've turned 18 as I'm getting a lot more shifts - I work with an events and catering company so it can get pretty hectic and well, I just haven't had a lot of time to come up with ideas, write a post, take photographs etc. but I am trying my best! However, if you've seen a couple of my tweets recently then you will know that I am part of a new blog called Through Our Eyes with 6 other lovely girls. Each of us have an allocated day (mine is Saturday, in case you were wondering) and we post around midday, some weeks we have a theme and then other weeks we don't. So if you'd like to check out our blog then please do! Here's my most recent post on there.
As for this blog I've decided it's time I started to fill up the beauty section as I realised this morning that it's completely empty! Well done, me. So expect some beauty posts soon!
Last but not least about my blog, I will be buying my own domain name very soon but am still undecided as to whether or not I want to keep 'giventheworld'. I think it may be time for a change but we'll see... Oh, and also, this month is my blogiversary so I'll definitely be cooking up a little giveaway to celebrate!

Novel

I'm still working on my novel and it seems to be coming along really well so I'm pleased! I think I'm going to share a chapter or two in the near future on here. I wish I could talk more about it but as of now I really can't so I will just say that there's a lot in the works and I'm super excited.

Personal Thoughts

Recently I've noticed a lot of changes with myself. I've become more aware of what I want rather than what others want from me and am not settling for anything less than what I want, does that make sense? Anyway, I'm no longer letting people tell me what I should or shouldn't be doing. I'm not fully content with everything that's going on right now but compared to last summer, I've improved in many ways and I'm quite proud of myself. I'm also beginning to find my confidence and I think a lot of people are noticing too, so that's pretty big for me.



College

I finished my second year in college back in April/May which means I have (hopefully) completed my Art A Level - results day is on August 18th so I hope I've passed. As much as I love art, I really did not enjoy the course one bit so I'm relieved it's over. Up until recently I've been considering doing an english or creative writing course but then I realised I just do not want to spend any more time in college.

What I'm Loving Right Now

After many people in work asking me to watch Pretty Little Liars, I have finally given in. I know a lot of people say it isn't that good but everyone has their opinions, right? So I thought I'd see what it is like for myself and well, I'm currently half way through season 2 and I'm loving it! Also, I'm really really loving Good Charlotte and Blink 182's new albums at the moment, I feel like I'm a kid again!

What I'm Looking Forward To

I have a few more concerts coming up this year (which means more concert diaries on my blog!) - such as Good Charlotte, Bastille, Panic! At The Disco, Jess Glynne and The 1975. My goal at the start of 2016 was to go to as many concerts this year as possible and I guess you could say I'm sticking to it. I just love love love concerts, okay? Last but not least I'm extremely excited to get my first tattoo very soon.


So I think that's it for this update. I know I rambled a bit but it was kind of nice to share a few things with you all.

Thanks for reading,

Until next time, be you and keep smiling.


CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. Buying your own domain name is very exciting, I just recently bought mine & it made me so happy :) YAY for PLL - I'm glad you are liking it! also I honestly can't wait to read some parts of your novel & find out more about it x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a little lax on my blog recently and I really need to get back into the swing of things. I actually wrote a post similar to this haha! I love that you're writing a Novel, its really inspiring. -xo

    chloedanielle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY CAN'T WAIT TO READ YOUR NOVEL!

    Whitney xoxo | Whitney Loren.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top